Since 2000, websites have been getting data from other websites by using REST APIs. But now we have a new method of building and consuming web APIs, GraphQL. GraphQL is more than a "better REST"; for developers, it provides a unified graph of data that includes multiple sources in easy to use system.
In this session, we’ll:
- Discuss the benefits of a universal GraphQL graph over traditional web services like REST and JSON:API
- Demonstrate how to query data using GraphqQL
- Discuss how an GraphQL endpoint provides data
- Discuss how GraphQL can "stitch" multiple sources of data into one graph using schema stitching
- Demonstrate simple schema stitching using Gatsby’s gatsby-source-graphql plugin